Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Beaverton during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Garoken Energy Co. Inc. will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. at 503-374-1934 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.