As warmer weather rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Beaverton? Particularly if your AC system is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your unit examined yearly by a Garoken Energy Co. Inc. professional can help locate little problems before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly impact your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to maintain delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy consumption—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps spot minor troubles before they turn into big, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly inspect pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth measures often allow us to locate troubles before they lead to big troubles that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is set to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your system is at risk for premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the following spots and components:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with Garoken Energy Co. Inc.
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Garoken Energy Co. Inc. pros a call at 503-374-1934 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching service.