According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned about three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have pests or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to reach out to Garoken Energy Co. Inc. in Beaverton about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are things you can do to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Garoken Energy Co. Inc.. A yearly checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system operating at peak performance. Checking your system often and replacing the air filter when needed will also help keep your ducts open.
Additional ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and change them when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Beaverton home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Garoken Energy Co. Inc. at 503-374-1934 or arrange an appointment online.