When it’s cold in Beaverton you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system looks to be operating well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might need a furnace repair. The sooner you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Garoken Energy Co. Inc..
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Garoken Energy Co. Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.