If you want to stay comfortable during the chilly months in Beaverton, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your once a year tune-up with Garoken Energy Co. Inc., you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its best performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t emphasize this enough. It’s a practical way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if clutter has collected or plants have taken over the space.
- To make sure your system is working well, test your thermostat often. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our professionals, call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.