During the cooler Beaverton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Garoken Energy Co. Inc. will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. as soon as possible if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Garoken Energy Co. Inc. can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. at 503-374-1934 or arrange an appointment with us online.