Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Beaverton summertime, have the professionals at Garoken Energy Co. Inc. conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We recommend taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. today at 503-374-1934.