Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Beaverton is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Garoken Energy Co. Inc. constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Garoken Energy Co. Inc. in Beaverton at 503-374-1934 today.