You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Garoken Energy Co. Inc. have compiled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the new temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Garoken Energy Co. Inc. technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 503-374-1934.